約伯記
CH. 30
1
但如今比我年少的人戲笑我.其人之父、我曾藐視、不肯安在看守我羊群的狗中。

"But now they mock me, men younger than I, whose fathers I would have disdained to put with my sheep dogs.
2
他們壯年的氣力既已衰敗、其手之力與我何益呢。

Of what use was the strength of their hands to me, since their vigor had gone from them?
3
他們因窮乏飢餓、身體枯瘦、在荒廢淒涼的幽暗中、齦乾燥之地.

Haggard from want and hunger, they roamed the parched land in desolate wastelands at night.
4
在草叢之中採鹹草、羅騰的根為他們的食物。〔羅騰小樹名松類〕

In the brush they gathered salt herbs, and their food was the root of the broom tree.
5
他們從人中被趕出、人追喊他們如賊一般、

They were banished from their fellow men, shouted at as if they were thieves.
6
以致他們住在荒谷之間、在地洞和巖穴中.

They were forced to live in the dry stream beds, among the rocks and in holes in the ground.
7
在草叢中叫喚、在荊棘下聚集。

They brayed among the bushes and huddled in the undergrowth.
8
這都是愚頑下賤人的兒女.他們被鞭打、趕出境外。

A base and nameless brood, they were driven out of the land.
9
現在這些人以我為歌曲、以我為笑談。

"And now their sons mock me in song; I have become a byword among them.
10
他們厭惡我、躲在旁邊站著、不住地吐唾沫在我臉上。

They detest me and keep their distance; they do not hesitate to spit in my face.
11
鬆開他們的繩索苦待我、在我面前脫去轡頭。

Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me, they throw off restraint in my presence.
12
這等下流人在我右邊起來、推開我的腳、築成戰路來攻擊我。

On my right the tribe attacks; they lay snares for my feet, they build their siege ramps against me.
13
這些無人幫助的、毀壞我的道、加增我的災。

They break up my road; they succeed in destroying me--without anyone's helping them.
14
他們來如同闖進大破口.在毀壞之間、輥在我身上。

They advance as through a gaping breach; amid the ruins they come rolling in.
15
驚恐臨到我、驅逐我的尊榮如風.我的福祿如雲過去。

Terrors overwhelm me; my dignity is driven away as by the wind, my safety vanishes like a cloud.
16
現在我心極其悲傷.困苦的日子將我抓住。

"And now my life ebbs away; days of suffering grip me.
17
夜間我裡面的骨頭刺我、疼痛不止、好像齦我。

Night pierces my bones; my gnawing pains never rest.
18
因 神的大力、我的外衣污穢不堪.又如裡衣的領子將我纏住。

In his great power God becomes like clothing to me; he binds me like the neck of my garment.
19
 神把我扔在淤泥中、我就像塵土和爐灰一般。

He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes.
20
主阿、我呼求你、你不應允我.我站起來、你就定睛看我。

"I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me.
21
你向我變心、待我殘忍.又用大能追逼我.

You turn on me ruthlessly; with the might of your hand you attack me.
22
把我提在風中、使我駕風而行.又使我消滅在烈風中。

You snatch me up and drive me before the wind; you toss me about in the storm.
23
我知道要使我臨到死地、到那為眾生所定的陰宅。

I know you will bring me down to death, to the place appointed for all the living.
24
然而人仆倒、豈不伸手.遇災難、豈不求救呢。

"Surely no one lays a hand on a broken man when he cries for help in his distress.
25
人遭難、我豈不為他哭泣呢.人窮乏、我豈不為他憂愁呢。

Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
26
我仰望得好處、災禍就到了.我等待光明、黑暗便來了。

Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness.
27
我心裡煩擾不安、困苦的日子臨到我身。

The churning inside me never stops; days of suffering confront me.
28
我沒有日光就哀哭行去.〔或作我面發黑並非因日曬〕我在會中站著求救。

I go about blackened, but not by the sun; I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.
29
我與野狗為弟兄、與鴕鳥為同伴。

I have become a brother of jackals, a companion of owls.
30
我的皮膚黑而脫落.我的骨頭因熱燒焦。

My skin grows black and peels; my body burns with fever.
31
所以我的琴音變為悲音、我的簫聲變為哭聲。

My harp is tuned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing.