| 1 | 你且呼求.有誰答應你.諸聖者之中.你轉向那一位呢。
"Call if you will, but who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn? | |
| 2 | 忿怒害死愚妄人、嫉妒殺死癡迷人。
Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple. | |
| 3 | 我曾見愚妄人扎下根.但我忽然咒詛他的住處。
I myself have seen a fool taking root, but suddenly his house was cursed. | |
| 4 | 他的兒女、遠離穩妥的地步、在城門口被壓、並無人搭救。
His children are far from safety, crushed in court without a defender. | |
| 5 | 他的莊稼、有飢餓的人喫盡了、就是在荊棘裡的、也搶去了.他的財寶、有網羅張口吞滅了。
The hungry consume his harvest, taking it even from among thorns, and the thirsty pant after his wealth. | |
| 6 | 禍患、原不是從土中出來.患難、也不是從地裡發生.
For hardship does not spring from the soil, nor does trouble sprout from the ground. | |
| 7 | 人生在世必遇患難、如同火星飛騰。
Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward. | |
| 8 | 至於我、我必仰望 神、把我的事情託付他.
"But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. | |
| 9 | 他行大事不可測度、行奇事不可勝數.
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. | |
| 10 | 降雨在地上、賜水於田裡.
He bestows rain on the earth; he sends water upon the countryside. | |
| 11 | 將卑微的安置在高處、將哀痛的舉到穩妥之地.
The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety. | |
| 12 | 破壞狡猾人的計謀、使他們所謀的、不得成就。
He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success. | |
| 13 | 他叫有智慧的中了自己的詭計.使狡詐人的計謀速速滅亡。
He catches the wise in their craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are swept away. | |
| 14 | 他們白晝遇見黑暗、午間摸索、如在夜間。
Darkness comes upon them in the daytime; at noon they grope as in the night. | |
| 15 | 神拯救窮乏人、脫離他們口中的刀、和強暴人的手。
He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth; he saves them from the clutches of the powerful. | |
| 16 | 這樣、貧寒的人有指望、罪孽之輩必塞口無言。
So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth. | |
| 17 | 神所懲治的人是有福的.所以你不可輕看全能者的管教。
"Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. | |
| 18 | 因為他打破、又纏裹.他擊傷、用手醫治。
For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal. | |
| 19 | 你六次遭難、他必救你.就是七次、災禍也無法害你。
From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will befall you. | |
| 20 | 在饑荒中、他必救你脫離死亡.在爭戰中、他必救你脫離刀劍的權力。
In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. | |
| 21 | 你必被隱藏、不受口舌之害.災殃臨到、你也不懼怕。
You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. | |
| 22 | 你遇見災害飢饉、就必嬉笑.地上的野獸、你也不懼怕。
You will laugh at destruction and famine, and need not fear the beasts of the earth. | |
| 23 | 因為你必與田間的石頭立約.田裡的野獸、也必與你和好。
For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field, and the wild animals will be at peace with you. | |
| 24 | 你必知道你帳棚平安、要查看你的羊圈、一無所失。
You will know that your tent is secure; you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing. | |
| 25 | 也必知道你的後裔將來發達、你的子孫像地上的青草。
You will know that your children will be many, and your descendants like the grass of the earth. | |
| 26 | 你必壽高年邁纔歸墳墓、好像禾捆到時收藏。
You will come to the grave in full vigor, like sheaves gathered in season. | |
| 27 | 這理我們已經考察、本是如此.你須要聽、要知道是與自己有益。
"We have examined this, and it is true. So hear it and apply it to yourself." | |