约伯记
CH. 5
1
你且呼求,有谁答应你?诸圣者之中,你转向那一位呢?

"Call if you will, but who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn?
2
忿怒害死愚妄人,嫉妒杀死痴迷人。

Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple.
3
我曾见愚妄人扎下根,但我忽然咒诅他的住处。

I myself have seen a fool taking root, but suddenly his house was cursed.
4
他的儿女远离稳妥的地步,在城门口被压,并无人搭救。

His children are far from safety, crushed in court without a defender.
5
他的庄稼有饥饿的人吃尽了,就是在荆棘里的也抢去了。他的财宝有网罗张口吞灭了。

The hungry consume his harvest, taking it even from among thorns, and the thirsty pant after his wealth.
6
祸患原不是从土中出来。患难也不是从地里发生。

For hardship does not spring from the soil, nor does trouble sprout from the ground.
7
人生在世必遇患难,如同火星飞腾。

Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward.
8
至于我,我必仰望神,把我的事情托付他。

"But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him.
9
他行大事不可测度,行奇事不可胜数。

He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.
10
降雨在地上,赐水于田里。

He bestows rain on the earth; he sends water upon the countryside.
11
将卑微的安置在高处,将哀痛的举到稳妥之地。

The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
12
破坏狡猾人的计谋,使他们所谋的不得成就。

He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success.
13
他叫有智慧的中了自己的诡计,使狡诈人的计谋速速灭亡。

He catches the wise in their craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are swept away.
14
他们白昼遇见黑暗,午间摸索如在夜间。

Darkness comes upon them in the daytime; at noon they grope as in the night.
15
神拯救穷乏人,脱离他们口中的刀,和强暴人的手。

He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth; he saves them from the clutches of the powerful.
16
这样,贫寒的人有指望,罪孽之辈必塞口无言。

So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.
17
神所惩治的人是有福的。所以你不可轻看全能者的管教。

"Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
18
因为他打破,又缠裹。他击伤,用手医治。

For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.
19
你六次遭难,他必救你。就是七次,灾祸也无法害你。

From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will befall you.
20
在饥荒中,他必救你脱离死亡。在争战中,他必救你脱离刀剑的权力。

In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword.
21
你必被隐藏,不受口舌之害。灾殃临到,你也不惧怕。

You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes.
22
你遇见灾害饥馑,就必嬉笑。地上的野兽,你也不惧怕。

You will laugh at destruction and famine, and need not fear the beasts of the earth.
23
因为你必与田间的石头立约,田里的野兽也必与你和好。

For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field, and the wild animals will be at peace with you.
24
你必知道你帐棚平安,要查看你的羊圈,一无所失。

You will know that your tent is secure; you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing.
25
也必知道你的后裔将来发达,你的子孙像地上的青草。

You will know that your children will be many, and your descendants like the grass of the earth.
26
你必寿高年迈才归坟墓,好像禾捆到时收藏。

You will come to the grave in full vigor, like sheaves gathered in season.
27
这理,我们已经考察,本是如此。你须要听,要知道是与自己有益。

"We have examined this, and it is true. So hear it and apply it to yourself."