约伯记 | CH. 8 |
1 | 书亚人比勒达回答说, Then Bildad the Shuhite replied: | ||
2 | 这些话你要说到几时?口中的言语如狂风要到几时呢? "How long will you say such things? Your words are a blustering wind. | ||
3 | 神岂能偏离公平?全能者岂能偏离公义? Does God pervert justice? Does the Almighty pervert what is right? | ||
4 | 或者你的儿女得罪了他,他使他们受报应。 When your children sinned against him, he gave them over to the penalty of their sin. | ||
5 | 你若殷勤地寻求神,向全能者恳求。 But if you will look to God and plead with the Almighty, | ||
6 | 你若清洁正直,他必定为你起来,使你公义的居所兴旺。 if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place. | ||
7 | 你起初虽然微小,终久必甚发达。 Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be. | ||
8 | 请你考问前代,追念他们的列祖所查究的。 "Ask the former generations and find out what their fathers learned, | ||
9 | (我们不过从昨日才有,一无所知。我们在世的日子好像影儿。) for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow. | ||
10 | 他们岂不指教你,告诉你,从心里发出言语来呢? Will they not instruct you and tell you? Will they not bring forth words from their understanding? | ||
11 | 蒲草没有泥,岂能发长?芦荻没有水,岂能生发? Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh? Can reeds thrive without water? | ||
12 | 尚青的时候,还没有割下,比百样的草先枯槁。 While still growing and uncut, they wither more quickly than grass. | ||
13 | 凡忘记神的人,景况也是这样。不虔敬人的指望要灭没。 Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless. | ||
14 | 他所仰赖的必折断,他所倚靠的是蜘蛛网。 What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web. | ||
15 | 他要倚靠房屋,房屋却站立不住。他要抓住房屋,房屋却不能存留。 He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold. | ||
16 | 他在日光之下发青,蔓子爬满了园子。 He is like a well-watered plant in the sunshine, spreading its shoots over the garden; | ||
17 | 他的根盘绕石堆,扎入石地。 it entwines its roots around a pile of rocks and looks for a place among the stones. | ||
18 | 他若从本地被拔出,那地就不认识他,说,我没有见过你。 But when it is torn from its spot, that place disowns it and says, 'I never saw you.' | ||
19 | 看哪,这就是他道中之乐。以后必另有人从地而生。 Surely its life withers away, and from the soil other plants grow. | ||
20 | 神必不丢弃完全人,也不扶助邪恶人。 "Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. | ||
21 | 他还要以喜笑充满你的口,以欢呼充满你的嘴。 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. | ||
22 | 恨恶你的要披戴惭愧。恶人的帐棚,必归于无有。 Your enemies will be clothed in shame, and the tents of the wicked will be no more." |