1 約伯回答說、
Then Job replied: |
2 這樣的話我聽了許多.你們安慰人、反叫人愁煩。
"I have heard many things like these; miserable comforters are you all! |
3 虛空的言語有窮盡麼.有甚麼話惹動你回答呢。
Will your long-winded speeches never end? What ails you that you keep on arguing? |
4 我也能說你們那樣的話.你們若處在我的境遇、我也會聯絡言語攻擊你們、又能向你們搖頭。
I also could speak like you, if you were in my place; I could make fine speeches against you and shake my head at you. |
5 但我必用口堅固你們、用嘴消解你們的憂愁。
But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief. |
6 我雖說話、憂愁仍不得消解.我雖停住不說、憂愁就離開我麼。
"Yet if I speak, my pain is not relieved; and if I refrain, it does not go away. |
7 但現在 神使我困倦.使親友遠離我。
Surely, O God, you have worn me out; you have devastated my entire household. |
8 又抓住我、作見證攻擊我.我身體的枯瘦也當面見證我的不是。
You have bound me--and it has become a witness; my gauntness rises up and testifies against me. |
9 主發怒撕裂我、逼迫我、向我切齒.我的敵人怒目看我。
God assails me and tears me in his anger and gnashes his teeth at me; my opponent fastens on me his piercing eyes. |
10 他們向我開口、打我的臉羞辱我、聚會攻擊我。
Men open their mouths to jeer at me; they strike my cheek in scorn and unite together against me. |
11 神把我交給不敬虔的人、把我扔到惡人的手中。
God has turned me over to evil men and thrown me into the clutches of the wicked. |
12 我素來安逸、他折斷我、掐住我的頸項、把我摔碎、又立我為他的箭靶子。
All was well with me, but he shattered me; he seized me by the neck and crushed me. He has made me his target; |
13 他的弓箭手四面圍繞我.他破裂我的肺腑、並不留情.把我的膽傾倒在地上.
his archers surround me. Without pity, he pierces my kidneys and spills my gall on the ground. |
14 將我破裂又破裂.如同勇士向我直闖。
Again and again he bursts upon me; he rushes at me like a warrior. |
15 我縫麻布在我皮膚上、把我的角放在塵土中。
"I have sewed sackcloth over my skin and buried my brow in the dust. |
16 我的臉、因哭泣發紫、在我的眼皮上有死蔭。
My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes; |
17 我的手中、卻無強暴、我的祈禱、也是清潔。
yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure. |
18 地阿、不要遮蓋我的血、不要阻擋我的哀求。
"O earth, do not cover my blood; may my cry never be laid to rest! |
19 現今、在天有我的見證、在上有我的中保。
Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. |
20 我的朋友譏誚我.我卻向 神眼淚汪汪.
My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; |
21 願人得與 神辯白、如同人與朋友辯白一樣。
on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. |
22 因為再過幾年、我必走那往而不返之路。
"Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return. |