1 約伯回答說、
Then Job replied: |
2 你們攪擾我的心、用言語壓碎我、要到幾時呢。
"How long will you torment me and crush me with words? |
3 你們這十次羞辱我.你們苦待我也不以為恥。
Ten times now you have reproached me; shamelessly you attack me. |
4 果真我有錯、這錯乃是在我。
If it is true that I have gone astray, my error remains my concern alone. |
5 你們果然要向我誇大、以我的羞辱為證指責我.
If indeed you would exalt yourselves above me and use my humiliation against me, |
6 就該知道是 神傾覆我、用網羅圍繞我。
then know that God has wronged me and drawn his net around me. |
7 我因委曲呼叫、卻不蒙應允.我呼求、卻不得公斷。
"Though I cry, 'I've been wronged!' I get no response; though I call for help, there is no justice. |
8 神用籬笆攔住我的道路、使我不得經過.又使我的路徑黑暗。
He has blocked my way so I cannot pass; he has shrouded my paths in darkness. |
9 他剝去我的榮光、摘去我頭上的冠冕。
He has stripped me of my honor and removed the crown from my head. |
10 他在四圍攻擊我、我便歸於死亡.將我的指望如樹拔出來.
He tears me down on every side till I am gone; he uproots my hope like a tree. |
11 他的忿怒向我發作、以我為敵人。
His anger burns against me; he counts me among his enemies. |
12 他的軍旅一齊上來、修築戰路攻擊我、在我帳棚的四圍安營。
His troops advance in force; they build a siege ramp against me and encamp around my tent. |
13 他把我的弟兄隔在遠處、使我所認識的全然與我生疏。
"He has alienated my brothers from me; my acquaintances are completely estranged from me. |
14 我的親戚、與我斷絕、我的密友、都忘記我。
My kinsmen have gone away; my friends have forgotten me. |
15 在我家寄居的、和我的使女、都以我為外人.我在他們眼中看為外邦人。
My guests and my maidservants count me a stranger; they look upon me as an alien. |
16 我呼喚僕人、雖用口求他、他還是不回答。
I summon my servant, but he does not answer, though I beg him with my own mouth. |
17 我口的氣味、我妻子厭惡、我的懇求、我同胞也憎嫌。
My breath is offensive to my wife; I am loathsome to my own brothers. |
18 連小孩子也藐視我.我若起來、他們都嘲笑我。
Even the little boys scorn me; when I appear, they ridicule me. |
19 我的密友都憎惡我、我平日所愛的人向我翻臉。
All my intimate friends detest me; those I love have turned against me. |
20 我的皮肉緊貼骨頭、我只剩牙皮逃脫了。
I am nothing but skin and bones; I have escaped with only the skin of my teeth. |
21 我朋友阿、可憐我、可憐我、因為 神的手攻擊我。
"Have pity on me, my friends, have pity, for the hand of God has struck me. |
22 你們為甚麼彷彿 神逼迫我、喫我的肉還以為不足呢。
Why do you pursue me as God does? Will you never get enough of my flesh? |
23 惟願我的言語、現在寫上、都記錄在書上.
"Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, |
24 用鐵筆鐫刻、用鉛灌在磐石上、直存到永遠。
that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! |
25 我知道我的救贖主活著、末了必站立在地上.
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. |
26 我這皮肉滅絕之後、我必在肉體之外得見 神。
And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; |
27 我自己要見他、親眼要看他、並不像外人.我的心腸在我裡面消滅了。
I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! |
28 你們若說、我們逼迫他、要何等的重呢、惹事的根乃在乎他。
"If you say, 'How we will hound him, since the root of the trouble lies in him,' |
29 你們就當懼怕刀劍.因為忿怒惹動刀劍的刑罰、使你們知道有報應。〔原文作審判〕
you should fear the sword yourselves; for wrath will bring punishment by the sword, and then you will know that there is judgment." |