1 約伯回答說、
Then Job replied: |
2 惟願我的煩惱稱一稱、我一切的災害放在天平裡。
"If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales! |
3 現今都比海沙更重、所以我的言語急躁。
It would surely outweigh the sand of the seas--no wonder my words have been impetuous. |
4 因全能者的箭射入我身、其毒、我的靈喝盡了. 神的驚嚇擺陣攻擊我。
The arrows of the Almighty are in me, my spirit drinks in their poison; God's terrors are marshaled against me. |
5 野驢有草、豈能叫喚.牛有料、豈能吼叫。
Does a wild donkey bray when it has grass, or an ox bellow when it has fodder? |
6 物淡而無鹽、豈可喫麼、蛋青有甚麼滋味呢。
Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the white of an egg? |
7 看為可厭的食物、我心不肯挨近。
I refuse to touch it; such food makes me ill. |
8 惟願我得著所求的、願 神賜我所切望的.
"Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant what I hope for, |
9 就是願 神把我壓碎、伸手將我剪除。
that God would be willing to crush me, to let loose his hand and cut me off! |
10 我因沒有違棄那聖者的言語、就仍以此為安慰、在不止息的痛苦中、還可踊躍。
Then I would still have this consolation--my joy in unrelenting pain--that I had not denied the words of the Holy One. |
11 我有甚麼氣力、使我等候.我有甚麼結局、使我忍耐。
"What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? |
12 我的氣力、豈是石頭的氣力.我的肉身、豈是銅的呢.
Do I have the strength of stone? Is my flesh bronze? |
13 在我豈不是毫無幫助麼.智慧豈不是從我心中趕出淨盡麼。
Do I have any power to help myself, now that success has been driven from me? |
14 那將要灰心、離棄全能者、不敬畏 神的人、他的朋友、當以慈愛待他。
"A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty. |
15 我的弟兄詭詐、好像溪水、又像溪水流乾的河道。
But my brothers are as undependable as intermittent streams, as the streams that overflow |
16 這河、因結冰發黑、有雪藏在其中.
when darkened by thawing ice and swollen with melting snow, |
17 天氣漸暖、就隨時消化.日頭炎熱、便從原處乾涸。
but that cease to flow in the dry season, and in the heat vanish from their channels. |
18 結伴的客旅離棄大道、順河邊行.到荒野之地死亡。
Caravans turn aside from their routes; they go up into the wasteland and perish. |
19 提瑪結伴的客旅瞻望、示巴同夥的人等候。
The caravans of Tema look for water, the traveling merchants of Sheba look in hope. |
20 他們因失了盼望就抱愧、來到那裡便蒙羞。
They are distressed, because they had been confident; they arrive there, only to be disappointed. |
21 現在你們正是這樣.看見驚嚇的事便懼怕。
Now you too have proved to be of no help; you see something dreadful and are afraid. |
22 我豈說、請你們供給我.從你們的財物中、送禮物給我。
Have I ever said, 'Give something on my behalf, pay a ransom for me from your wealth, |
23 豈說、拯救我脫離敵人的手麼.救贖我脫離強暴人的手麼。
deliver me from the hand of the enemy, ransom me from the clutches of the ruthless'? |
24 請你們教導我、我便不作聲.使我明白在何事上有錯。
"Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong. |
25 正直的言語、力量何其大.但你們責備、是責備甚麼呢。
How painful are honest words! But what do your arguments prove? |
26 絕望人的講論、既然如風、你們還想要駁正言語麼。
Do you mean to correct what I say, and treat the words of a despairing man as wind? |
27 你們想為孤兒拈鬮、以朋友當貨物。
You would even cast lots for the fatherless and barter away your friend. |
28 現在請你們看看我、我決不當面說謊。
"But now be so kind as to look at me. Would I lie to your face? |
29 請你們轉意、不要不公.請再轉意、我的事有理。
Relent, do not be unjust; reconsider, for my integrity is at stake. |
30 我的舌上、豈有不義麼.我的口裡、豈不辨奸惡麼。
Is there any wickedness on my lips? Can my mouth not discern malice? |