1 约伯回答说, Then Job replied: |
2 我真知道是这样。但人在神面前怎能成为义呢? "Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can a mortal be righteous before God? |
3 若愿意与他争辩,千中之一也不能回答。 Though one wished to dispute with him, he could not answer him one time out of a thousand. |
4 他心里有智慧,且大有能力。谁向神刚硬而得亨通呢? His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed? |
5 他发怒,把山翻倒挪移,山并不知觉。 He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger. |
6 他使地震动,离其本位,地的柱子就摇撼。 He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. |
7 他吩咐日头不出来,就不出来,又封闭众星。 He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars. |
8 他独自铺张苍天,步行在海浪之上。 He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. |
9 他造北斗,参星,昴星,并南方的密宫。 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south. |
10 他行大事,不可测度,行奇事,不可胜数。 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. |
11 他从我旁边经过,我却不看见。他在我面前行走,我倒不知觉。 When he passes me, I cannot see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him. |
12 他夺取,谁能阻挡。谁敢问他,你做什么。 If he snatches away, who can stop him? Who can say to him, 'What are you doing?' |
13 神必不收回他的怒气。扶助拉哈伯的,屈身在他以下。 God does not restrain his anger; even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet. |
14 既是这样,我怎敢回答他,怎敢选择言语与他辩论呢? "How then can I dispute with him? How can I find words to argue with him? |
15 我虽有义,也不回答他。只要向那审判我的恳求。 Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy. |
16 我若呼吁,他应允我。我仍不信他真听我的声音。 Even if I summoned him and he responded, I do not believe he would give me a hearing. |
17 他用暴风折断我,无故地加增我的损伤。 He would crush me with a storm and multiply my wounds for no reason. |
18 我就是喘一口气,他都不容,倒使我满心苦恼。 He would not let me regain my breath but would overwhelm me with misery. |
19 若论力量,他真有能力。若论审判,他说谁能将我传来呢? If it is a matter of strength, he is mighty! And if it is a matter of justice, who will summon him? |
20 我虽有义,自己的口要定我为有罪。我虽完全,我口必显我为弯曲。 Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty. |
21 我本完全,不顾自己。我厌恶我的性命。 "Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life. |
22 善恶无分,都是一样。所以我说,完全人和恶人,他都灭绝。 It is all the same; that is why I say, 'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.' |
23 若忽然遭杀害之祸,他必戏笑无辜的人遇难。 When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent. |
24 世界交在恶人手中。蒙蔽世界审判官的脸,若不是他,是谁呢? When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it? |
25 我的日子比跑信的更快,急速过去,不见福乐。 "My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy. |
26 我的日子过去如快船,如急落抓食的鹰。 They skim past like boats of papyrus, like eagles swooping down on their prey. |
27 我若说,我要忘记我的哀情,除去我的愁容,心中畅快。 If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,' |
28 我因愁苦而惧怕,知道你必不以我为无辜。 I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent. |
29 我必被你定为有罪,我何必徒然劳苦呢? Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain? |
30 我若用雪水洗身,用碱洁净我的手。 Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with washing soda, |
31 你还要扔我在坑里,我的衣服都憎恶我。 you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me. |
32 他本不像我是人,使我可以回答他,又使我们可以同听审判。 "He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. |
33 我们中间没有听讼的人,可以向我们两造按手。 If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both, |
34 愿他把杖离开我,不使惊惶威吓我。 someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. |
35 我就说话,也不惧怕他,现在我却不是那样。 Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot. |