約伯記 9
1
約伯回答說、

Then Job replied:

2
我真知道是這樣.但人在 神面前怎能成為義呢。

"Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can a mortal be righteous before God?

3
若願意與他爭辯、千中之一也不能回答。

Though one wished to dispute with him, he could not answer him one time out of a thousand.

4
他心裡有智慧、且大有能力.誰向 神剛硬而得亨通呢。

His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed?

5
他發怒、把山翻倒挪移、山並不知覺.

He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger.

6
他使地震動、離其本位、地的柱子就搖撼。

He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble.

7
他吩咐日頭不出來、就不出來、又封閉眾星。

He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars.

8
他獨自鋪張蒼天、步行在海浪之上。

He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.

9
他造北斗、參星、昴星、並南方的密宮。

He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.

10
他行大事不可測度、行奇事不可勝數。

He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.

11
他從我旁邊經過、我卻不看見.他在我面前行走、我倒不知覺。

When he passes me, I cannot see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.

12
他奪取、誰能阻擋、誰敢問他、你作甚麼。

If he snatches away, who can stop him? Who can say to him, 'What are you doing?'

13
 神必不收回他的怒氣.扶助拉哈伯的、屈身在他以下。

God does not restrain his anger; even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet.

14
既是這樣、我怎敢回答他、怎敢選擇言語與他辯論呢。

"How then can I dispute with him? How can I find words to argue with him?

15
我雖有義、也不回答他.只要向那審判我的懇求。

Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy.

16
我若呼籲、他應允我、我仍不信他真聽我的聲音。

Even if I summoned him and he responded, I do not believe he would give me a hearing.

17
他用暴風折斷我、無故的加增我的損傷。

He would crush me with a storm and multiply my wounds for no reason.

18
我就是喘一口氣、他都不容、倒使我滿心苦惱。

He would not let me regain my breath but would overwhelm me with misery.

19
若論力量、他真有能力.若論審判、他說誰能將我傳來呢。

If it is a matter of strength, he is mighty! And if it is a matter of justice, who will summon him?

20
我雖有義、自己的口要定我為有罪.我雖完全、我口必顯我為彎曲。

Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

21
我本完全.不顧自己.我厭惡我的性命。

"Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life.

22
善惡無分、都是一樣.所以我說、完全人、和惡人、他都滅絕。

It is all the same; that is why I say, 'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.'

23
若忽然遭殺害之禍、他必戲笑無辜的人遇難。

When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent.

24
世界交在惡人手中.蒙蔽世界審判官的臉.若不是他、是誰呢。

When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it?

25
我的日子比跑信的更快、急速過去、不見福樂。

"My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy.

26
我的日子過去如快船、如急落抓食的鷹。

They skim past like boats of papyrus, like eagles swooping down on their prey.

27
我若說、我要忘記我的哀情、除去我的愁容、心中暢快.

If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,'

28
我因愁苦而懼怕、知道你必不以我為無辜。

I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent.

29
我必被你定為有罪.我何必徒然勞苦呢。

Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain?

30
我若用雪水洗身、用鹼潔淨我的手.

Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with washing soda,

31
你還要扔我在坑裡、我的衣服都憎惡我.

you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me.

32
他本不像我是人、使我可以回答他、又使我們可以同聽審判。

"He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court.

33
我們中間沒有聽訟的人、可以向我們兩造按手。

If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both,

34
願他把杖離開我、不使驚惶威嚇我.

someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.

35
我就說話、也不懼怕他.現在我卻不是那樣。

Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.