約伯記

第 16 章

1. 約伯回答說、
Then Job replied:
2. 這樣的話我聽了許多.你們安慰人、反叫人愁煩。
"I have heard many things like these; miserable comforters are you all!
3. 虛空的言語有窮盡麼.有甚麼話惹動你回答呢。
Will your long-winded speeches never end? What ails you that you keep on arguing?
4. 我也能說你們那樣的話.你們若處在我的境遇、我也會聯絡言語攻擊你們、又能向你們搖頭。
I also could speak like you, if you were in my place; I could make fine speeches against you and shake my head at you.
5. 但我必用口堅固你們、用嘴消解你們的憂愁。
But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.
6. 我雖說話、憂愁仍不得消解.我雖停住不說、憂愁就離開我麼。
"Yet if I speak, my pain is not relieved; and if I refrain, it does not go away.
7. 但現在 神使我困倦.使親友遠離我。
Surely, O God, you have worn me out; you have devastated my entire household.
8. 又抓住我、作見證攻擊我.我身體的枯瘦也當面見證我的不是。
You have bound me--and it has become a witness; my gauntness rises up and testifies against me.
9. 主發怒撕裂我、逼迫我、向我切齒.我的敵人怒目看我。
God assails me and tears me in his anger and gnashes his teeth at me; my opponent fastens on me his piercing eyes.
10. 他們向我開口、打我的臉羞辱我、聚會攻擊我。
Men open their mouths to jeer at me; they strike my cheek in scorn and unite together against me.
11.  神把我交給不敬虔的人、把我扔到惡人的手中。
God has turned me over to evil men and thrown me into the clutches of the wicked.
12. 我素來安逸、他折斷我、掐住我的頸項、把我摔碎、又立我為他的箭靶子。
All was well with me, but he shattered me; he seized me by the neck and crushed me. He has made me his target;
13. 他的弓箭手四面圍繞我.他破裂我的肺腑、並不留情.把我的膽傾倒在地上.
his archers surround me. Without pity, he pierces my kidneys and spills my gall on the ground.
14. 將我破裂又破裂.如同勇士向我直闖。
Again and again he bursts upon me; he rushes at me like a warrior.
15. 我縫麻布在我皮膚上、把我的角放在塵土中。
"I have sewed sackcloth over my skin and buried my brow in the dust.
16. 我的臉、因哭泣發紫、在我的眼皮上有死蔭。
My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes;
17. 我的手中、卻無強暴、我的祈禱、也是清潔。
yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure.
18. 地阿、不要遮蓋我的血、不要阻擋我的哀求。
"O earth, do not cover my blood; may my cry never be laid to rest!
19. 現今、在天有我的見證、在上有我的中保。
Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high.
20. 我的朋友譏誚我.我卻向 神眼淚汪汪.
My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God;
21. 願人得與 神辯白、如同人與朋友辯白一樣。
on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend.
22. 因為再過幾年、我必走那往而不返之路。
"Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return.