約伯記

第 22 章

1. 提幔人以利法回答說、
Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied:
2. 人豈能使 神有益呢.智慧人但能有益於己。
"Can a man be of benefit to God? Can even a wise man benefit him?
3. 你為人公義、豈叫全能者喜悅呢.你行為完全、豈能使他得利呢。
What pleasure would it give the Almighty if you were righteous? What would he gain if your ways were blameless?
4. 豈是因你敬畏他、就責備你、審判你麼。
"Is it for your piety that he rebukes you and brings charges against you?
5. 你的罪惡豈不是大麼.你的罪孽也沒有窮盡。
Is not your wickedness great? Are not your sins endless?
6. 因你無故強取弟兄的物為當頭、剝去貧寒人的衣服。
You demanded security from your brothers for no reason; you stripped men of their clothing, leaving them naked.
7. 困乏的人你沒有給他水喝.飢餓的人、你沒有給他食物。
You gave no water to the weary and you withheld food from the hungry,
8. 有能力的人、就得地土.尊貴的人、也住在其中。
though you were a powerful man, owning land--an honored man, living on it.
9. 你打發寡婦空手回去、折斷孤兒的膀臂。
And you sent widows away empty-handed and broke the strength of the fatherless.
10. 因此、有網羅環繞你、有恐懼忽然使你驚惶.
That is why snares are all around you, why sudden peril terrifies you,
11. 或有黑暗蒙蔽你、並有洪水淹沒你。
why it is so dark you cannot see, and why a flood of water covers you.
12.  神豈不是在高天麼.你看星宿何其高呢。
"Is not God in the heights of heaven? And see how lofty are the highest stars!
13. 你說、 神知道甚麼.他豈能看透幽暗施行審判呢。
Yet you say, 'What does God know? Does he judge through such darkness?
14. 密雲將他遮蓋、使他不能看見.他周遊穹蒼。
Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us as he goes about in the vaulted heavens.'
15. 你要依從上古的道麼.這道是惡人所行的.
Will you keep to the old path that evil men have trod?
16. 他們未到死期、忽然除滅.根基毀壞、好像被江河沖去.
They were carried off before their time, their foundations washed away by a flood.
17. 他們向 神說、離開我們罷.又說、全能者能把我們怎麼樣呢。
They said to God, 'Leave us alone! What can the Almighty do to us?'
18. 那知 神以美物充滿他們的房屋.但惡人所謀定的離我好遠。
Yet it was he who filled their houses with good things, so I stand aloof from the counsel of the wicked.
19. 義人看見他們的結局就歡喜、無辜的人嗤笑他們、
"The righteous see their ruin and rejoice; the innocent mock them, saying,
20. 說、那起來攻擊我們的、果然被剪除、其餘的都被火燒滅。
'Surely our foes are destroyed, and fire devours their wealth.'
21. 你要認識 神、就得平安.福氣也必臨到你。
"Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.
22. 你當領受他口中的教訓、將他的言語存在心裡。
Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.
23. 你若歸向全能者、從你帳棚中遠除不義、就必得建立。
If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: If you remove wickedness far from your tent
24. 要將你的珍寶丟在塵土裡、將俄斐的黃金丟在溪河石頭之間.
and assign your nuggets to the dust, your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,
25. 全能者就必為你的珍寶、作你的寶銀。
then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for you.
26. 你就要以全能者為喜樂、向 神仰起臉來。
Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God.
27. 你要禱告他、他就聽你.你也要還你的願。
You will pray to him, and he will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows.
28. 你定意要作何事、必然給你成就.亮光也必照耀你的路。
What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways.
29. 人使你降卑、你仍可說、必得高升.謙卑的人 神必然拯救。
When men are brought low and you say, 'Lift them up!' then he will save the downcast.
30. 人非無辜、 神且要搭救他.他因你手中清潔、必蒙拯救。
He will deliver even one who is not innocent, who will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands."