約伯記

第 8 章

1. 書亞人比勒達回答、說、
Then Bildad the Shuhite replied:
2. 這些話你要說到幾時.口中的言語如狂風要到幾時呢。
"How long will you say such things? Your words are a blustering wind.
3.  神豈能偏離公平.全能者豈能偏離公義。
Does God pervert justice? Does the Almighty pervert what is right?
4. 或者你的兒女得罪了他、他使他們受報應。
When your children sinned against him, he gave them over to the penalty of their sin.
5. 你若殷勤的尋求 神、向全能者懇求.
But if you will look to God and plead with the Almighty,
6. 你若清潔正直.他必定為你起來、使你公義的居所興旺。
if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place.
7. 你起初雖然微小、終久必甚發達。
Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
8. 請你考問前代、追念他們的列祖所查究的。
"Ask the former generations and find out what their fathers learned,
9. (我們不過從昨日纔有、一無所知.我們在世的日子好像影兒。)
for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow.
10. 他們豈不指教你、告訴你、從心裡發出言語來呢。
Will they not instruct you and tell you? Will they not bring forth words from their understanding?
11. 蒲草沒有泥、豈能發長.蘆荻沒有水豈能生發。
Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh? Can reeds thrive without water?
12. 尚青的時候、還沒有割下、比百樣的草先枯槁。
While still growing and uncut, they wither more quickly than grass.
13. 凡忘記 神的人、景況也是這樣.不虔敬人的指望要滅沒.
Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless.
14. 他所仰賴的必折斷、他所倚靠的是蜘蛛網。
What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web.
15. 他要倚靠房屋、房屋卻站立不住.他要抓住房屋、房屋卻不能存留。
He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold.
16. 他在日光之下發青、蔓子爬滿了園子。
He is like a well-watered plant in the sunshine, spreading its shoots over the garden;
17. 他的根盤繞石堆、扎入石地。
it entwines its roots around a pile of rocks and looks for a place among the stones.
18. 他若從本地被拔出、那地就不認識他、說、我沒有見過你。
But when it is torn from its spot, that place disowns it and says, 'I never saw you.'
19. 看哪、這就是他道中之樂.以後必另有人從地而生。
Surely its life withers away, and from the soil other plants grow.
20.  神必不丟棄完全人、也不扶助邪惡人。
"Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers.
21. 他還要以喜笑充滿你的口、以歡呼充滿你的嘴。
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.
22. 恨惡你的要披戴慚愧.惡人的帳棚、必歸於無有。
Your enemies will be clothed in shame, and the tents of the wicked will be no more."