约伯记

第 30 章

1. 但如今,比我年少的人戏笑我。其人之父我曾藐视,不肯安在看守我羊群的狗中。
"But now they mock me, men younger than I, whose fathers I would have disdained to put with my sheep dogs.
2. 他们壮年的气力既已衰败,其手之力与我何益呢?
Of what use was the strength of their hands to me, since their vigor had gone from them?
3. 他们因穷乏饥饿,身体枯瘦,在荒废凄凉的幽暗中啃干燥之地。
Haggard from want and hunger, they roamed the parched land in desolate wastelands at night.
4. 在草丛之中采咸草,罗腾的根为他们的食物(罗腾小树名松类)。
In the brush they gathered salt herbs, and their food was the root of the broom tree.
5. 他们从人中被赶出,人追喊他们如贼一般。
They were banished from their fellow men, shouted at as if they were thieves.
6. 以致他们住在荒谷之间,在地洞和岩穴中。
They were forced to live in the dry stream beds, among the rocks and in holes in the ground.
7. 在草丛中叫唤,在荆棘下聚集。
They brayed among the bushes and huddled in the undergrowth.
8. 这都是愚顽下贱人的儿女,他们被鞭打,赶出境外。
A base and nameless brood, they were driven out of the land.
9. 现在这些人以我为歌曲,以我为笑谈。
"And now their sons mock me in song; I have become a byword among them.
10. 他们厌恶我,躲在旁边站着,不住地吐唾沫在我脸上。
They detest me and keep their distance; they do not hesitate to spit in my face.
11. 松开他们的绳索苦待我,在我面前脱去辔头。
Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me, they throw off restraint in my presence.
12. 这等下流人在我右边起来,推开我的脚,筑成战路来攻击我。
On my right the tribe attacks; they lay snares for my feet, they build their siege ramps against me.
13. 这些无人帮助的,毁坏我的道,加增我的灾。
They break up my road; they succeed in destroying me--without anyone's helping them.
14. 他们来如同闯进大破口,在毁坏之间滚在我身上。
They advance as through a gaping breach; amid the ruins they come rolling in.
15. 惊恐临到我,驱逐我的尊荣如风,我的福禄如云过去。
Terrors overwhelm me; my dignity is driven away as by the wind, my safety vanishes like a cloud.
16. 现在我心极其悲伤。困苦的日子将我抓住。
"And now my life ebbs away; days of suffering grip me.
17. 夜间,我里面的骨头刺我,疼痛不止,好像龈我。
Night pierces my bones; my gnawing pains never rest.
18. 因神的大力,我的外衣污秽不堪,又如里衣的领子将我缠住。
In his great power God becomes like clothing to me; he binds me like the neck of my garment.
19. 神把我扔在淤泥中,我就像尘土和炉灰一般。
He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes.
20. 主阿,我呼求你,你不应允我。我站起来,你就定睛看我。
"I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me.
21. 你向我变心,待我残忍,又用大能追逼我。
You turn on me ruthlessly; with the might of your hand you attack me.
22. 把我提在风中,使我驾风而行,又使我消灭在烈风中。
You snatch me up and drive me before the wind; you toss me about in the storm.
23. 我知道要使我临到死地,到那为众生所定的阴宅。
I know you will bring me down to death, to the place appointed for all the living.
24. 然而,人仆倒岂不伸手?遇灾难岂不求救呢?
"Surely no one lays a hand on a broken man when he cries for help in his distress.
25. 人遭难,我岂不为他哭泣呢?人穷乏,我岂不为他忧愁呢?
Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
26. 我仰望得好处,灾祸就到了。我等待光明,黑暗便来了。
Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness.
27. 我心里烦扰不安,困苦的日子临到我身。
The churning inside me never stops; days of suffering confront me.
28. 我没有日光就哀哭行去(或作我面发黑并非因日晒)。我在会中站着求救。
I go about blackened, but not by the sun; I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.
29. 我与野狗为弟兄,与鸵鸟为同伴。
I have become a brother of jackals, a companion of owls.
30. 我的皮肤黑而脱落,我的骨头因热烧焦。
My skin grows black and peels; my body burns with fever.
31. 所以,我的琴音变为悲音,我的箫声变为哭声。
My harp is tuned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing.