约伯记

第 33 章

1. 约伯阿,请听我的话,留心听我一切的言语。
"But now, Job, listen to my words; pay attention to everything I say.
2. 我现在开口,用舌发言。
I am about to open my mouth; my words are on the tip of my tongue.
3. 我的言语要发明心中所存的正直。我所知道的,我嘴唇要诚实地说出。
My words come from an upright heart; my lips sincerely speak what I know.
4. 神的灵造我,全能者的气使我得生。
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5. 你若回答我,就站起来,在我面前陈明。
Answer me then, if you can; prepare yourself and confront me.
6. 我在神面前与你一样,也是用土造成。
I am just like you before God; I too have been taken from clay.
7. 我不用威严惊吓你,也不用势力重压你。
No fear of me should alarm you, nor should my hand be heavy upon you.
8. 你所说的,我听见了,也听见你的言语,说,
"But you have said in my hearing--I heard the very words--
9. 我是清洁无过的,我是无辜的。在我里面也没有罪孽。
'I am pure and without sin; I am clean and free from guilt.
10. 神找机会攻击我,以我为仇敌,
Yet God has found fault with me; he considers me his enemy.
11. 把我的脚上了木狗,窥察我一切的道路。
He fastens my feet in shackles; he keeps close watch on all my paths.'
12. 我要回答你说,你这话无理,因神比世人更大。
"But I tell you, in this you are not right, for God is greater than man.
13. 你为何与他争论呢?因他的事都不对人解说。
Why do you complain to him that he answers none of man's words?
14. 神说一次,两次,世人却不理会。
For God does speak--now one way, now another--though man may not perceive it.
15. 人躺在床上沉睡的时候,神就用梦,和夜间的异象,
In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men as they slumber in their beds,
16. 开通他们的耳朵,将当受的教训印在他们心上,
he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings,
17. 好叫人不从自己的谋算,不行骄傲的事。(原文作将骄傲向人隐藏)
to turn man from wrongdoing and keep him from pride,
18. 拦阻人不陷于坑里,不死在刀下。
to preserve his soul from the pit, his life from perishing by the sword.
19. 人在床上被惩治,骨头中不住地疼痛。
Or a man may be chastened on a bed of pain with constant distress in his bones,
20. 以致他的口厌弃食物,心厌恶美味。
so that his very being finds food repulsive and his soul loathes the choicest meal.
21. 他的肉消瘦,不得再见。先前不见的骨头都凸出来。
His flesh wastes away to nothing, and his bones, once hidden, now stick out.
22. 他的灵魂临近深坑。他的生命近于灭命的。
His soul draws near to the pit, and his life to the messengers of death.
23. 一千天使中,若有一个作传话的与神同在,指示人所当行的事。
"Yet if there is an angel on his side as a mediator, one out of a thousand, to tell a man what is right for him,
24. 神就给他开恩,说,救赎他免得下坑。我已经得了赎价。
to be gracious to him and say, 'Spare him from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for him'--
25. 他的肉要比孩童的肉更嫩。他就返老还童。
then his flesh is renewed like a child's; it is restored as in the days of his youth.
26. 他祷告神,神就喜悦他,使他欢呼朝见神的面。神又看他为义。
He prays to God and finds favor with him, he sees God's face and shouts for joy; he is restored by God to his righteous state.
27. 他在人前歌唱说,我犯了罪,颠倒是非,这竟与我无益。
Then he comes to men and says, 'I sinned, and perverted what was right, but I did not get what I deserved.
28. 神救赎我的灵魂免入深坑。我的生命也必见光。
He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light.'
29. 神两次,三次,向人行这一切的事。
"God does all these things to a man--twice, even three times--
30. 为要从深坑救回人的灵魂,使他被光照耀与活人一样。
to turn back his soul from the pit, that the light of life may shine on him.
31. 约伯阿,你当侧耳听我的话,不要作声,等我讲说。
"Pay attention, Job, and listen to me; be silent, and I will speak.
32. 你若有话说,就可以回答我。你只管说,因我愿以你为是。
If you have anything to say, answer me; speak up, for I want you to be cleared.
33. 若不然,你就听我说。你不要作声,我便将智慧教训你。
But if not, then listen to me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom."